Discuss Potterton Suprima PCB in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul4905

Hi
I think I am suffering from a dry joint in the PCB as I have an intermittent fault where the fan sometimes keeps running when the boiler stops running. Pressing the reset button cures the problem.
I have read about newer PCBs are enclosed to stop this problem. So my question is if I take out a service plan with either Homeserve or BG will they replace the board with the newer model or would they just try to repair it ? Or do I just pay a heating engineer to replace it. End of.
A repair plan would I assume work out cheaper with the addition of 12 months cover. Any advice much appreciated.
The boiler is about 15 years old.
Thankyou.

BG wont touch anything over 10 years, no one will take on a boiler with a known fault! These boards are quite expensive to replace, 1. pay out to get it repaired, 2. try for a fixed price repair from manufacture . 3 Due to age of boiler (15 years) replace with more efficient boiler

this forum will not discuss in open forum gas related or anything in which you have to open the boiler. the only advice we will give is for you to get a gas safe engineer to look at your problem as per the forum rules which you agreed to when you signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima PCB in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a customer with a Potterton Suprima boiler that keeps locking out with a red flashing light. If you reset the boiler it fires up fine and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have a Valliant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler that is showing no error codes and S.0 (no demand for heat), but it is not heating. Have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock