Discuss potterton promax sl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonto33

i have a potterton promax sl boiler that was installed last year when i had my house built, yesterday had gas engineer around to do yearly service, he took one look and said oh you got of them, after few mins of him trying to work it he said your timer has had it, then goes upstairs looks in airing cupboard and says your expansion vessel has failed you need new one, sorry mate but cant pass your boiler as it unsafe, be cheaper to replace, i showed him the boiler was working fine it was just programmed to come on at 6pm but he wasn't having it.. so is boiler knackered after year?

Last edited by a moderator:
it sounds very unlikely but it may be, is it not still under manufacturers warranty??

thought only had one year warranty with it, it works fine he just didn't know how to work it and said cant carry out saftey test on it

Sounds to me like he didn't have a clue about the boiler so just said it to get out of doing anything

He's trying to have the kecks right off you, tell him you will get a second opinion

Why not get the installer back to do the service? If not someone from here may be local to you.

that's what i thought but i didn't want to come out and bad mouth someone without knowing them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton promax sl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock