Discuss portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tcdavelon

hi there

i recently paid for a plumbing course fast track and ive just finished my level 3 advanced plumbing and am going back in 2 weeks to do module 11. i need to do my portfolio so i can go on to do my ACS but i dont know any gas safe plumbers that are willing to help me acheive this. i have been to the local merchant and have spoken to him about this and he has asked and told them i am willing to pay them to no avail. now starting to run out of options does any one have any ideas?????

many thanks

tcdavelon

To be honest matey, I wouldn't expect much joy from here.

Tcdavelon, Not for the reasons mentioned above but a lot of engineers are finding it tough at the minute and work is at a premium.
Have you tried approaching your training adviser and see if they have any contacts with local companys?

You only have to look through this site to find we have many requests like this and few find the work they need.
Try looking at a training provider that guarantees a placement to gain the experience you need.

Good luck mate.

Hang about at your local gas parts merchant and introduce your self and your needs to all that enter. If you are going to make a living at it "People skills " are important. Look at it as more training.

hi there

i recently paid for a plumbing course fast track and ive just finished my level 3 advanced plumbing and am going back in 2 weeks to do module 11. i need to do my portfolio so i can go on to do my ACS but i dont know any gas safe plumbers that are willing to help me acheive this. i have been to the local merchant and have spoken to him about this and he has asked and told them i am willing to pay them to no avail. now starting to run out of options does any one have any ideas?????

many thanks

tcdavelon

probably gonna rub salt in the wounds here, but why book and pay for a course that doesnt get you a placement, seems like a rip off TBH as you could technically pay £4k for a theory course and not be allowed to sit ACS and not getting the portfolio wont be their fault so you have no re-course with the provider, i work in training under bpec and we do their Gas Foundation Course (as do other establishments) but we give candidates the choice of getting their own placement or us supplying it which we guarantee, getting their own is cheaper for them but doesnt suit everybody

I would like to say thank you for your all your replys and I have taken it all on board. I know theses are hard times and yes I paid a lot of money to do my course which I saved hard for over 2 years and its something i wanted to do for a long time and ive not asked for help until now. It now looks like i have managed to sort it out but will have to wait and see.

as for leelister6's comment i could be rude but im better than that, but you must have issues!!!!!!!!:hand:

I dont know any gas safe plumbers that are willing to help you either as half of the ones i know are sitting around half the week watching jeremy kyle and loose women. They too have put a lot of effort and money into doing what they (used to) do. The ones who once offered this kind of service have wised up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi, Im jay from south croydon. I am halfway through my ACS course and need to make up a portfolio of Jobs. If anyone qualified and experienced...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone My name is Daniel and I've recently completed my ACS gas engineer class room based work. I need to complete my portfolio. so is there...
Replies
Views
Back