Discuss Plumber wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eee im starting out, thats a blinding rate for me as my overheads are minimal.

I accepted a job for £150 a day a year or two back. 10 days later I was handed £1,500 and had used about £50 of materials and about £75 of fuel so was over £1.400 better off. And well chuffed. I had no worries about how the job was going, whether the customer would pay me, whether the job would be finished in time. I was asked to complete a few things by Wednesday afternoon, this by Thursday, etc.

£160 does not sound much but if someone's got the job for you, done all the marketing, taking the flak from the customer, sorting out supplies, liaising with other trades etc, £160 is a very fair wage.

i give up, i paid a brickie £150 a day 10 years ago to convert my flats with me, arent you better than brickies?

Last edited by a moderator:
We're in a reccession LP, rates are going down not up.

My rates haven't changed in 3 years, yet materials get more expensive, as does food, and bills.

The hay days are behind us in my opinion, though I charge more than £160 a day, I think £800 a week for a subbie is pretty good. It's not like he said £110, or something daft.

if your going to survive you have to keep charging not dropping your rates, youll lose some but youll keep enough, old enough to have seen this before.

You and only you will know how good you (your firm) are. Chase it when you need to but don't drop to compete with idiots.

If people are happy to pay you at the higher end of the scale then you must be earning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock