Discuss pipe sizes for complete heating/DHW system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't always need a LLH
For your set up I'd be looking at weather compensation unit controlling mixing valve and 1 large pump a grundfos magna modulating pump
numynujy.jpg
u4yza4yz.jpg

Disregard the oil boilers
But similar to what you want 3 floors all underfloor with a few rads in a circuit and towel rails in a circuit
And a 500ltr buffer tank

vern what have you been smokin!...lol...lol.... man looks like you've had your 3 weetabix today...lol...well done :)
i was gonna post on here just now that i think i have also sussed it out aswell; i went for the option 1 aswell, only i went one better in that i thought we could just tee off again from the second floor manifold to the loft manifold without using even the second pump or mzv. checked with wavin today and was advised that with the heating calculations that they had done we should only need 8.5Litres/min (Total) from the downstairs heating pump to supply "All" 3 manifolds and that a standard grundfos pump should be fine. i don't need another motorized zone valve anywhere else on this heating circuit as the manifolds and controls will cater for these anyway :)
i can't ditch the 24Ri option as i have just bought this and a second back up boiler is really useful as my neighbours have found out; the hard way!!!....
I have redrawn the WB low loss header circuit to fit my spec and wouldn't mind sending it to you for approval if could have a look for me :)

gray0689 these pictures look very commercial!...lol... your sending me at a different tangent now :( weather compensation unit/ grundfos magna modulating pump!... i was thinking of using the new grudfos alpha 2 which i think should be ok, pls advise :)

Here a picture of a broag LLH (very compact black box) it is rated @ 80 - 120 KW, here it is with 2 x WB 30CDI system boilerswith vertical flues, feeding the heat, along side a 300L megaflo

Megaflo2.jpg

Not our best....... but gives you a visual...... we only had 3 days as we had the nursing home shut down, and had to join on to what was there pipe and system wise, and they would not allow us to move the washer or dryer you see in the pics making it very tight!! in this time we had to move some rads fit a new remote repressurisation unit and strip out a packaged burner ACV combi and flue, which was where the Megaflow is now sat

Megflo 1.jpg

I don't know the size if your house that one was 6500square foot so yes it was verging on light commercial
Alpha 2 is a good pump
But I'm sure 1 will not be enough
Will there be any radiators in house or towel rails?

Nice work too Vern. Lots of plumbing smut on here tonight for us trully sad gits.

Last edited:
vern that is a very impress install
Grays0689 yes there will be 4 towel rails in all the shower rooms. why did u say that it wont be enough :(((

only i went one better in that i thought we could just tee off again from the second floor manifold to the loft manifold without using even the second pump or mzv.

:)
if you read option 1 lol i used the term common'ed up same as above

Then you will need mechanical mixing valves on all manifolds and pumps

Pappa Smurf, you need to hire someone like the two gents who have posted photos to do this. It can't be done by your average jobbing plumber. Doesn't matter that what you want isn't a nuclear power station. It is still very far removed from bread and butter work for most guys.

If your pockets are deep enough, then get one of these blokes down to do it. The problem is, no one is going to want to spend hours speccing and designing this, only for you to give the job to some one else.

I've done a fair few big systems, but it's not my average day at the office. You need to speak to some one who is doing this every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe sizes for complete heating/DHW system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back