Discuss Phone etiquette. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I've had a couple of answerphone messages recently - enquiries about non-urgent work. I phone back within an hour or two of original message, get answerphone - don't leave a message just yet - give it an hour or so and then phone again because would rather speak to them. Get answerphone second time and so leave a message, just returning call, maybe mention couple available slots coming up, ask them to give me a call back - then I don't hear from them.

Would you phone again some point or leave it? Don't want to badger people but I wonder whether some people don't check their answerphones or something.

I've had a few like that. It depends on weather it was a Mobile number or a landline.

Most moden mobiles either send you a text or some sort of message pops up on the screen saying that they've had a missed call. Landlines are harder, as in my experience people are so used to there mobiles that they only use the landline because it's free (depending on the call package they have) and then don't check to see if someone's call them back.

If after a few attemps (and only 1 message left), nobody rings me back i would usually try again at around 5:30 - 6:30, that way at least somebody in the household will be in, and i'd go from there.

If they rang from a mobile, perhaps you could send them a text?

I'll leave a message on return call if they don't answer, politely say who I am and that I'm responding to their message, then they're forgotten! For me that puts the ball back in their court. If they still need my services they'll phone me back! I'm fortunate in that I have enough client base not to worry to much about adding to it I guess! I'd imagine it being a bit more important if you rely on a constant influx of new clients!

I had few calls last week ! asking prices on install cookers and LSI and then no call back !
any way they all will ring after august holiday period ! i am getting ready with advertising campaign !

If we don't know them and they don't return our calls we assume they 've already arranged it with someone else.
But good point about leaving messages on lanlines. I know loads of people who NEVER check them so I will learn from this to phone people on mobile first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Phone etiquette. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock