Discuss Paying NI stamp as self employed people, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Afternoon Friends

As self employed people which class of NI stamp do you pay and how do you pay it?

Looking on HMRC website Class 2 contributions seem to be what I need to pay.

I registered as self employed on their website a couple of weeks ago.

I know that the state second pension is being abolished and so I don't see the need to pay any more than Class 2.

Is this correct?

How do you pay? 6 monthly?

Thanks

Mine is 2 pound something a week, this goes out direct debit.

Then you have to pay 9% of your profit at the end of the year towards national insurance, I think its class 4 if I remember properly.

If you have already registered SE and have a UTR number then they will send you a bill quarterly for your NI

Just had my bill though. £2.70 a week for self employed or £3.35 if you're a share fisherman!

youll have to pay class 2 & class 4 national insurance

I pay class 2 direct debit 10.40 a month I think then class 4 on profit, which unfortunately for me is a lot this year

I pay 5 a week NI contribution paid class 4 other year on tax return which stung a bit

Class 4 if I make any profit I take it?

just class 2 then for me!

Yeah spot on.

Class 2 is your weekly 2 pound-odd a week which everyone pays. Then your class 4 comes into play when your tax return says you've made a profit.

i have absolutely no idea why i pay a fiver all i know had a letter come through couple years ago telling me to pay a fiver and have ever since.
same year got stung on my return accountant explained but it went over my head

How much do you pay a month? It's £2.70 a week paid weekly or every 6 months. There's not, from what I can see any other option.

You need to get into them if you've overpaid and get a refund.

I would.

Good luck mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paying NI stamp as self employed people, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
Hi All, So something may be slightly different to the usual posts and looking for some advise or whether anyone has been in a similar predicament...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock