Discuss parts supplers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm now when i started in business years ago i couldnt get an account for toffee or a credit card or nowt...you have no credit rating etc etc etc...so im used to the way i do it and i swore would never have any of the above...why would i want help when i dont need it ????? if i couldnt be helped when i did??? you call it what you like i call it a matter of principle or whatever ...dinosaur maybe fool maybe ...but a man of damn principle for sure.......now as an end to this discussion and for all your information have received a message from a pts manager that they are starting a new cash card with terms agreed when you sign up....without a track record or any of the other bull people put up with.........so an answer at last lol phew thats my moan of the week over lol ....next

Why wouldn't you want better discount and 30 days to pay??

there's old school and not been to school.

just get an account, get discount .

There aren't many people who don't want lower prices, but there are lots of reasons and lots of people who prefer to pay-as-they-go.

Sometimes its because they have had problems with credit in the past, sometimes its because they er...cough...prefer not to leave a paper trail, sometimes they just prefer the simplicity and security that this brings.

When the banking crisis happened back in 2008/9 there was a sudden and sharp increase in cash transactions, which has never gone away.

Tbh my accounts always get the better of me. I just buy and buy and buy without keeping check on my spending and they always bite me in the bum.

You should have paid better attention in business management and cash flow seminars!

You should have paid better attention in business management and cash flow seminars!

Dont believe they bothered to teach cash handling and accounting at plumbing college, it might have helped a few potential tradesmen stay in business.

Dont believe they bothered to teach cash handling and accounting at plumbing college, it might have helped a few potential tradesmen stay in business.

Good point Jon. People start up businesses all the time, without even a 6 week fast track course in business management! I sometimes go on the UK Business forum, and I am staggered at the inexperience and naivety of some of the postings.

Its no wonder that the failure rate of new businesses is so high. Perhaps we should insist on a city and guilds or NVQ in running a business?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think that paying cash keeps me in touch with prices - like the yoyo price of
copper - if I find a good deal somewhere I will buy all I can afford.

last xmas our builders merchant was asking a low price by the bundle so we bought a few
thousand quids worth - should have seen his face when he came to re-stock ! CHK

Takes plumbers all their time to learn plumbing :mad2:, don't go into overload with accounts, leave that to the receiver :86:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to parts supplers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps...
Replies
Views
I've been lurking for a while so thought i'd say hello and ask my first question! I'm due to retire in 18 months, i'm currently 47 and would...
Replies
Views
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
R
Hi All As I have mentioned on other threads, we are working on an ecommerce site to sit alongside our brick and mortar business. I have been...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock