Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss out of all the cheap boilers iv listed which would you fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
lads....my mate has agreed to a new boiler as i the dhw heat ex he requires to repair his boiler is obsolete. He is looking at selling his house so only wants a cheap boiler fitted....i only ever fit vaillant and baxi so don't know much about the cheaper boilers so any input would be greatful.

all prices include flue,clock and vat from my local supplier

biasi riva plus 24 £505
sime format 25 £540
ferroli modena 25 £570
biasi riva plus 28 £535
ariston e-combi 24 £590
sime format 30 £585
biasi riva advance 32 £649
main eco 25 £585
ferroli fertech 31 £479
pro combi exculsive £495

im leaning towards the main.....but look at the price of the ferroli fertech!!! even though i hate ferroli...blluuurrggghhhhh

Have a look in B&Q they have some cheep boilers on the shelf, get your mate to buy it , then when it go's wrong it's not your problem.

Are all the warranties the same? Or are some of these still on 2 years?

May be a point in his favour during viewings if he can say its a new boiler and has 5 year warranty.

Never fitted any of the models you have listed, can only go on manufacturers reputation so would keep clear of sime, bias I and ferroli.

Are all the warranties the same? Or are some of these still on 2 years?

May be a point in his favour during viewings if he can say its a new boiler and has 5 year warranty.

Never fitted any of the models you have listed, can only go on manufacturers reputation so would keep clear of sime, bias I and ferroli.

only the modena and sime ones have 5 years mate.

Moot that's plus vat but that's an ideal logic for total price 530 with flue cheap as chips
The logic plus 24 I can get for 630 all in vat included

lads....my mate has agreed to a new boiler as i the dhw heat ex he requires to repair his boiler is obsolete. He is looking at selling his house so only wants a cheap boiler fitted....i only ever fit vaillant and baxi so don't know much about the cheaper boilers so any input would be greatful.

biasi riva plus 24 £505
sime format 25 £540
ferroli modena 25 £570
biasi riva plus 28 £535
ariston e-combi 24 £590
sime format 30 £585
main eco 25 £585
ferroli fertech 31 £479
pro combi exculsive £495

im leaning towards the main.....but look at the price of the ferroli fertech!!! even though i hate ferroli...blluuurrggghhhhh

Honestly, go for the Heatline, sold in B and Q as the Monza (?) or if sold through a merchant it is known as the CaprizPlus. Around 400 plus the VAT. Very nice boiler, simple controls, fires first time, no agro. Could possibly do with a fitting jig as the connections are slightly fiddly but nevertheless, a great little combi. 24 or 28KW both with reasonable flow rates at 35 rise.

Honestly, go for the Heatline, sold in B and Q as the Monza (?) or if sold through a merchant it is known as the CaprizPlus. Around 400 plus the VAT. Very nice boiler, simple controls, fires first time, no agro. Could possibly do with a fitting jig as the connections are slightly fiddly but nevertheless, a great little combi. 24 or 28KW both with reasonable flow rates at 35 rise.
you forgot to add spares are extortionate ,but if the house is being sold doubt this is a consideration

Last edited by a moderator:
I would let the customer choose I got caught out a friend wanted a cheap boiler I recommended vaillant or worcester as I always do but they were too expensive so I was getting a good deal on Isars at the time so I fitted 1 of those. Guess who was the bad guy when it kept going wrong.

Now I always say worcester or vaillant if they dont want those its their choice but I will not give them advice.

I would say heatline is one of the worst out the lot! nice to work on, but still. I would favour the biasi

I would say heatline is one of the worst out the lot! nice to work on, but still. I would favour the biasi
Heatline were the worst when they marketed the Vizo ! Check the newer ones out, also look at some of the reviews. Surprising good.

The Pro Combi, is just a re branded Ideal Independent with a reduced warranty.
Some posters here have been raving about the new Ideal so for the price I think it's a good buy.

It's the budget boiler I'd recommend to my customers anyway.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

i personally will fit any one as long as is not my recommendation and customer is happy with knowing the quality of the boiler they will get !!!

biasi riva plus 24 £505
sime format 25 £540
ferroli modena 25 £570
biasi riva plus 28 £535
ariston e-combi 24 £590
sime format 30 £585
main eco 25 £585
ferroli fertech 31 £479
pro combi exculsive £495

The pro combi (exclusive) without a doubt. Rebadged ideal logic, fitted several now including in my own house. From experience I would avoid anything by ferroli. However if selling the house does it matter?

Where can you get the main Eco at £585? There was one of them fitted in the place I bought last year absolutely no complaints with it

Where can you get the main Eco at £585? There was one of them fitted in the place I bought last year absolutely no complaints with it

local merchant by me in birmingham......it is the 25 and not the 30 though.

The ferolli Modena is two years parts and labour and five year parts only. Mains would be my choice of a bad bunch.

The ferolli Modena is two years parts and labour and five year parts only. Mains would be my choice of a bad bunch.
its now 5 years part and labour straight from the reps mouth. fitted 2 not bad but it doesnt come with tails.

I'm always suspicious of reps telling me things, Iike to have it in writing. Also reps never seem to last long and will say anything to sell there product.

seen the new literature it does state 5 year parts and labour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to out of all the cheap boilers iv listed which would you fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
So....some parts of my area arent that affluent and some of the poorer folk dont have a lot of cash - but business is business. Combined with...
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock