Search the forum,

Discuss Other trades rates..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
IMG_2245.JPG
I am adding a path at the side of my drive. Doing the work myself but need to hire a whacked plate to compact the sub base.
Thought I would post on freeindex to see if someone with a whacker would come and do it.
Whacker hire for 24hrs £30

How much do you think?

I would guess a hundy

Get it for the hire price of £30 and do it yourself. Very cheap really. Compact it in low level stages - easier that way.
Unless you have a mate with a vibrator plate who can give you an hour for £30

In my head it's about 20-30 minutes work, obviously they need to get here and pay for tools etc etc same as us - so was thinking £60-70 same as a boiler service

Had one person respond so far at £150

1 hour to look at it.
1 hour to scratch his head and B***s before he does anything.
1 hour on the wakka!
30 minutes drinking tea!
£150.00 sounds about right mate.:p:p:p

Time for a rant. I haven't had one about garages/mechanics since my vans last MOT....
Van goes into my local garage for an MOT
They do afew bits to it and I pay them and take it. But its not quite right for them to award me its certificate.
According to them the brakes are spongy. Never known them to be a problem, in fact, theyre brilliant. According to the garage I'm probably just used to it. Strange but hey ho I just want my MOT.
They bleed the brakes and I pay them again. The master cylinder has gone though. At this point I should have taken it elsewhere. But being as though I wanted it sorting I waited over a week for a master cylinder.....
After they've fitted it, they tell me the vans exactly the same.
'Yeah, weve Googled it and It sounds like its a common problem with the Vito'.
Ok, so there wasn't a fault after all.
£215.00 for the master cylinder (You can get a cylinder next day for about £60) and 1hrs work at the very most.
Plus £40 to bleed my brakes in the first place.
So £255.00 for absolutely nothing. Ive paid for their f**kup
I paid my money and took my certificate. Suffice to say I wont be going back. I'm running out of garages to take it to.......

In my head it's about 20-30 minutes work, obviously they need to get here and pay for tools etc etc same as us - so was thinking £60-70 same as a boiler service

Had one person respond so far at £150

They obviously don't need the work do they. Must have plenty on

IMG_2248.JPG

I did it myself in the end, still need to go around the corner to the front door when I get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Other trades rates..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock