Discuss Orientation of basin waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I think I may have been a tool here, but I would appreciate some advice.

My bathroom sink "click-clack" waste plughole jammed, so I bought a new one and fitted it. Plenty of silicone sealer, and nothing complicated. On testing it, the water was streaming out (not just dripping). It was as though there was no seal at all.

I took the straight waste pipe off the new waste plughole, and noticed that the 2 ends had different rubber seal types - a wide chamfered one and more of a "O" ring design at the other end. The chamfered seal was at the top end tryng to seal against the new plughole, and that is where the water was streaming out of. I then wondered whether I had put the waste pipe in upside down, as it could fit both ways.

This is a really basic question I'm afraid, and no, I had't been paying attention to which way it was when I took it off - lesson learned!

Please see pic.
pipe2.jpg

I think I may have been a tool here, but I would appreciate some adviView attachment 39959
Advice on you being a tool... I'll leave that to others....
Re: connecting to new waste outlet, you've either lost a piece or it wasn't installed correctly in the first place.
You need o-rings - like the picture depicts to U bend - on both ends of the pipe

Reply to Orientation of basin waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back