Discuss Open vent boiler recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephend

Typical sods law, my house has just gone under offer and my 15-20 year old Potterton Profile 80e boiler has packed up!!
Has anyone any recommendations as to what make of boiler I should get based on reliability, ease of installation,
quietness etc? I've short listed a few but there have just been based on price at the moment.
Glo Worm Flexicom HX24.
Ariston Clas 24HE.
Biasi Activa Open Vent 25.
Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Steve.

Why can't the profile boiler be repaired?

Both stats are working and so is the pressure switch and fan. Electrode for the pilot light doesn't click so I'm guessing it's a gas valve problem. Anyhow after taking the cover off it looks like both sides of the heat exchanger has been leaking. Not forgetting of course a modern boiler is so much more efficient.

I would recommend the glowworm, but it might not be the cheapest considering that you are moving house soon

Typical sods law, my house has just gone under offer and my 15-20 year old Potterton Profile 80e boiler has packed up!!
Inform you Solicitor/Conveyancer. He should be able to negotiate a reduction in price with the Purchaser which is less than the cost to you of a new boiler. The purchaser can then install what he likes and is willing to pay for.

Ariston has a 5 year warranty if you get an approved installer, cant really argue with 5 years for under 700 quid plus vat.

i will come and survey job for free I am in london too,
and I will install Worcester Bosch and sign it off with 5 years guarantee on Ri models been 12ri,15ri,18ri

pls visit my web to book a survey

stan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Open vent boiler recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock