Discuss Old rad only getting warm on one side, whats the problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, we moved into a new apartment in the summer and now it's cold and the heating is on I've noticed that one of the rads is only getting hot on one side as shown in the photos.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be and what the solution is? Thanks in advance!

IMG_1410.JPG

Screenshot 2017-12-02 09.53.22.png

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG

I’ve now tried turning off or down the other rads with the exception of this one where I’ve opened the Trv fully and closed in slightly the 'exit' valve and the middle fin is starting to feel warmer now, more at the bottom than the top. If this is dislodging and moving any 'gunk', does this get filtered out somewhere or does it just move around the system?

Cheers

Sounds like just air to me. If you left bottom valve open. Turn off top valve then crack open top nut where it fixes to the rad you may find it will release alot of air.(use a container of some sort tho. You will have some water)

I may be wrong on this one but didn't these old rads come with a diverter insert to be installed in the rad when piping up same side flow/return like this one is? If so maybe they never fitted it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old rad only getting warm on one side, whats the problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back