Search the forum,

Discuss Old existing vulcan b/f boiler ,new kitchen ,whats vent requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjswozo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got to go and advise kit fitter,on some gas work ,but he,s mentioned a old vulcan (b/f)floor standing boiler in corner of kitchen they want to build a unit around,he,s asking vent requirements,
But in ref books i,ve got,cant see vent requirements for this set up,is it classed as a compartment,if a kit unit is
built around it,also whats the min distance for combustable materail to boiler casing.not seen job,but from picture he sent its an old un.cheers

Risk assessment - possible astbestos hazard? Check model with manufacturer or seek more advice on this, given the date of manufacture, probably being prior to 1980s

If the customer doesn't have a copy of the original MI's you may have trouble obtaining them. The boiler is around 35 years old. It will be classed as a compartment and will need high and low vents and the proper clearances around it for servicing etc.
Considering its age and that they are doing a new kitchen it would be a better idea to get the boiler swapped for a new one fitted in a different position.

cheers tamz,what wouild be min distance from boiler cover,casing to combustable surface,or do reckon he would have to line the units with fire board,the ventilation is only for cooling applaince

I haven't a clue what clearances it will require. You would need to get hold of the MI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old existing vulcan b/f boiler ,new kitchen ,whats vent requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock