Discuss No Hot Water after Heating Switch-on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the thermostat phial if it is I would be worried
I use a Nest smart thermostat which appears to be working correctly. Don't even know what that one on the boiler does but it's getting replaced soon anyway.

The hot water is working now. Thanks @Gasmk1 for your help! I suppose this means that either there is an issue with the way the Honeywell valve is wired up, or the valve itself is at fault. I don't think it's the, Nest Link thing as it seems to make a clicking noise when I turn hot water on, as if it's working. It's just the valve doesn't do anything.

I would say the wiring is at fault

Reactions: G M
That's the fire valve capillary above the burner to cut off the oil in a fire. The blue bird does have a high limit stay.

Your 'plumber', and I use that term loosely, has made a bit of a pigs ear of that cylinder install. The combination valve will be fun to change. D1 looks too long and D2 and tundish are missing. If the safety valves let go then you could be flooded.

On the plus side, he didn't use a hotun

Hi @ShaunCorbs sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. You make some interesting points...

We're the pipes insulated/ protected from the screed ?? Or was it just bare copper pipes in the floor

Nope. No insulation whatsoever. He used plastic piping which goes across the floor. I've attached a photo of stuff used. Doesn't seem very durable. Is hot water OK to flow through that? More worryingly, over time this may move as it is installed across a walkway - between 2 radiators either side of a 2M opening to the kitchen. I'm not sure where else they're installed.

No grommets used clips fixings etc
Is this standard practice for an install like this? I don't see any grommets used. In addition, the hot water outlet is clearly leaking. See attached photo.

Bet if you look at the left spur / switch you can poke your finger where the wire goes which is a big nonono
Wish I knew what that was lol. I'll see if I can get someone who knows more about it to check. Thanks.

Also no protection where the cables enter the adaptable box
What kind of protection is needed for them? Just a cover? Thanks

20171210_165219.jpg

20171210_165148.jpg

20171210_170535.jpg

That's not good any heat in the pipe / from your hot water system is going to be heating the floor, it does look good so far

No and over time the wire could rub and fray leading to live wires on show

That's not good any heat in the pipe / from your hot water system is going to be heating the floor, it does look good so far
Does or doesn't look good? I'll take a guess and assume you mean doesn't!

There's a pipe with a termination type handle on the end just hanging there. Could this possibly be for the shower which is going to be plumbed in through the wall on the right? Not totally sure what this is for.

Sorry about all the questions, but believe me, I am learning a lot from all the replies, so thank you!

20171210_163135.jpg

Sorry but your right doesn't look good

And that point shouldn't be there as really that pipe is just for the expansion vessel

Reactions: G M
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No Hot Water after Heating Switch-on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock