Search the forum,

Discuss No heats from radiators in first floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deckins

Hi All I just installed new combi boiler after decommission an old back boiler I capped the flow and return connections and which were in fire place. I picked the flow and return from the radiators in kitchen close to the boiler when I commissioned the new boiler I had no heat up stairs should I joined the old flow and return together? All pipes are under the floor and carpet I can't see the old the pipes connection your advise will be very appreciated. thank you:sweatdrop:

no I did not touch anything else or piping I took the small feed cistern from the loft and capped them as well

Yes I am GSR with one year of experience I have done other installations

i am with steve here , you have missed something somewhere ! what type of system configuration did you have

there was a back boiler behind the fireplace and the feeding cistern in the loft in the kitchen there was a separate boiler for hot water

thank you I did not want to do it till I ask you guys with more experience

see without seeing the job is hard to give 100 % accurate help , but just link and see , i take it you have tried turning the hot rads of to see if the pump will send heat to the others , also was there any controls you have removed ?

Are the TRV's bi-directional?

I'm struggling to visualise what you've done tbh, I usually decom back boiler then use existing f+r to downstairs heating by linking them out in void next to fireplace and removing old pump etc under floor.

You might be getting poor circulation if you've tried to tee heating in to 15mm supplies on kitchen rad.

I did not see the system working it was not working before is new landlord just bought the property

No there was non even a room stat no pump nothing no controls

There has to be a pump. Check return under floor next to old boiler, or possibly upstairs, particularly if it was solid fuel.

May be to close the hot rad and see if the pump will push upstairs.
I did connect the power flush machine up hairs and did not circulate but the worse I bleed the rads and there was water coming.

you have a closed 2 port valve,
usually in london on the side of the fire place there is boxing usually to the lhs

get some one more competent for a day to help you on the job , will get it sort it out and you will not look like a in front of your customer

you have left a zone valve/s in somewhere. could bet my bank balance on it.

You need to go back and check out all old pipework and remove old components. Im guessing due to inexperience you haven't priced the job accordingly, but youll have to do it.

There has to be a CH pump to be removed, otherwise the old heating wouldn't have circulated, i usually find this on return pipe, under floor at left of bbu. There is possibly a gravity/non return valve on old pipes to the bbu. There's possibly an open bypass/link in system, look under floor on landing.

You haven't described the type of system, y plan, s plan or gravity HW pumped CH (most common round here).

Honestly you shouldn't be tackling these jobs if you haven't got any experience of them. Unfortunately the rise of the combi has led to lots of installers running round doing swaps with very little/no experience of real CH systems. If you're busy, try to find someone with experience to help you on jobs.

At least you will no wot to do next time once you get it working, wright this one down in ya book:)

this highlights the failings of the training industry in regards to plumbing how could this system not have a pump its first year central heating layout stuff i can still see the line diagrams in my head for the various systems from when i was taught 40 years ago in those days we were taught plumbing and heating now their taught to get through the exam

Its also down to the plumbers who put these lads through and the big firms that don't want to teach them just want lads to bang in new boilers and get out, the good plumbers tend to work on there own and this stops good skills being passed on sad really:(

Every time you take out a back boiler and fit another boiler you have to join the ground floor and first floor flow and returns in 22mm, I have never got away without doing it.

The pump is usually near the back boiler and it pumps the water to rads but hot water is gravity unless converted later. The pipes usually go upstairs via the void next to the chimney breast. so when these pies are capped off and boiler removed you loose part of the heating circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No heats from radiators in first floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock