Discuss no filling loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevcrane

Hi everyone

Im draining down an unvented stystem on the first floor, but I can't see the filling loop anywhere, or where one would attach. Surely it needs to be pressurised to 1.4bar, but how???

It will be the plastic key you need to insert underneath the boiler,

Pull the white cover on the underside of the boiler amd see if theres a plastic key on it kev

If there is it goes between the 2 end pipes to the right ( flow pipe and the cold ) push it up lining up the plastic lugs and give it a qaurter turn , then there should be a little plastic square next to it , by turning that clockwise should start to fill,
Thats if its a key fill boiler,,,

Is there no gauge on the boiler, i know you said worcester and most of there boilers the gauge is on the front of the boiler, and usually mechanical not digital , what make of worcester ???

There in them all now kev , infact the key has just been changed by worcester, last couple boilers ive fitted have came with a keyless filling point thats bolted to the boiler linking the return pipoe to the cold ,,, i fear a load of folks were loosing the key and its easy to use but i can see how a pensioner would struggle so glad thyve done away with it,,, sounds like is the key one youve got,,

Check to see if its not near the coil on the cylinder,
Ive fitted one in kitchen unit b4 as the boiler was in loft so i put a filling point in unit for ease of access,
You sure the boiler is pressurised and not just the cylinder,, ??
Have you drained the system ???

I've not drained it yet Kris, good job really. I just usually fit bathrooms, that's all. Are you saying there could be an f^e tank in the loft??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no filling loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back