Discuss New plumber and stuck at first hurdle... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

martlewis

Hey all,

Just completed my training and setting off out into the big bad world. I've sort of hit a stumbling block already... First job is on a Sime Super 80 boiler but I can't find a service manual anywhere, not even on the manufacturers website. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I also have a boiler which takes an eternity to supply hot water to the downstairs taps. Would appreciate any advice as to what would cause this, especially as the upstairs taps run boiling hot almost instantly. ( the temp is an ongoing debate with the installer, should be about 55C but it's running a lot hotter and no way to adjust).

Thanks all.

Get in touch with the manufacture, should have a phone number somewhere on the boiler, have a chat with the guys on the techinical helpline.

hi martin im also from the spire town so try this, not sure if it has the super 80 in but certainly covers sime itself so have a look.

Index

Hmm!

It takes a long time to build up experience. As you probably know by now, qualification is only a basic working knowledge. And qualification is only answering questions about somebody else's knowledge you have to build up your own resources. The thing is it is a long learning curve and one you have perhaps only just started on. You are undoubtedly bound to make mistakes along the way but as a mate of mine said "Its only a "catastrophe" if you can't put it right. But please bear in mind gas work involves peoples lives, so if you even think you may be wrong check it out. And you have done that by coming on here to find out if you have, give yourself a good mark.

I have two thoughts here. On trying to obtain the manual, if telephoning the manufacturer fails, might you get back in touch with one of your instructors, who it seems to me should be willing to help sort this out for you. On the slow hot water to the downstairs taps, this sounds like it may be a limescale problem.

Good luck on these issues.

Mart, google the manuals library and then join it! (costs about £25) They have the sime manual on there. If you give me the boilers G.C number I will get you a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New plumber and stuck at first hurdle... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock