Search the forum,

Discuss New heating controls and wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I just need confirmation I'm doing this right as per my drawing..

abc5f5093a30c43313cf20349927be79.jpg

Not sure if this is clear enough.. but...

I've replaced an old mechanical timer and room stat and had to rewire as custard wanted them relocated.

I was trying to do this without a wiring centre and it kept blowing the fuse lol

So... this is for a potterton heat only boiler serving heating only. They have a separate multipoint for hw.

I need to link permanent live to 1 on the programmer?
3 from programmer goes to 1 on room stat.
3 from room stat goes to switched live on boiler.
All permanent live for boiler and programmer you get from switched spur?

I'm pretty sure this is right but would like opinions please...

Cheers

Yes that's right but can't understand why you were blowing fuses

Yes that's right but can't understand why you were blowing fuses
I think I've messed up somewhere.. I was only blowing fuses when I linked live and 1 on the programmer..

I think I've messed up somewhere.. I was only blowing fuses when I linked live and 1 on the programmer..

Depends what prog you got somtimes you don't need to link them

I'll go grab a wiring centre from nailfix tomorrow and finish up. Thanks Shaun ;)

Tbh mate if you have wired it up like that without one and your still blowing fuses the only thing I can think of other than a fault is you have maybe crossed a wire / misplaced one

Also don't forget your neutral on your stat

Last edited:
Tbh mate if you have wired it up like that without one and your still blowing fuses the only thing I can think of other than a fault is you have maybe crossed a wire / misplaced one

Also don't forget your neutral on your stat
I know where I've messed up.. I extended the 3 core with a choc box. So the black (switched live) became earth. I've wired up the switched live to earth on the programmer lol DOH

I know where I've messed up.. I extended the 3 core with a choc box. So the black (switched live) became earth. I've wired up the switched live to earth on the programmer lol DOH

That's the cookie least you know :)

So annoying, have to go back tomorrow grrr

It's not once you see how far you have come live and learn mate, don't forget to mark the wires (sleeve in brown) for non coloured wires / changing (neutral to live etc)

Last edited:
It's not once you see how far you have come live and learn mate, don't forget to mark the wires (sleeve in brown) for non coloured wires / changing (neutral to live etc)
Yeah I will do.. Cheers mate.

Not a problem

It was as I thought. I didn't use a wiring centre in the end and got it all up and running in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New heating controls and wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock