Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler leak advice in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. We recently had combi installed. Today i noticed some water underneath. Seems to be coming from this pipe with open end in the attached picture. Small amount currently. Bolter is working ok. The company who installed it are closed until tueday but will get them back out next week. In meantime wondered if anyone knew what this pipe is and if it's more urgent that get it fixed or should i turn boiler off in meantime. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220918_120019.jpg
    20220918_120019.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 18
Drain off if your on about the brass part ?

Yeah it is the brass part. Drain it off? Does that mean it should have water coming from it. Sorry i am clueless. What it it? Will draining it sort the issue? Thanks for your help

No chances are he’s soldered it in with the rubber washer still in or it’s not tight best to leave a tub below and you want the washer replacing when they return

Could try nipping up the square nut underneath it. Could have done what Shaun said above or only screwed it back in finger tight and forgot to tighten it properly.

Thanks for both your replies. The installer also got back to me which i wasnt expecting on a Sunday. He said he'd come out tomorrow but i could try tightening it a bit if i could first. So I've just done that and it did turn a bit. So hopefully that sorts it. Thanks for your help also

just for my education. Do you know what that pipe is

Heating flow pipe

Reply to New boiler leak advice in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock