Discuss Myson under unit heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Been to a job where a Myson fan heater (run off oil heating system) is fitted in the plinth of a new kitchen.
Customer says they have to come down in morning to a cold kitchen and manually switch it on. They would like it to be working when the oil boiler is going.
I assumed these could be set to bring their fan on and off when the heating system pump heat around pipes? Is this feasible?

Pipe stat on the flow into the Myson?

I was thinking same. Power is there obviously, so maybe that's the only way.
I thought they should have option of power on through a stat?
I fitted a few many years ago, where asked, but never liked them.
Thanks for quick reply!

Last edited:
N
http://www.myson.co.uk/Kickspace_Manual.pdf

If it's one of the above,

Page 9, it's got a low water temp cut off.

All they need to do is leave it switched on, it'll come on when the boiler comes on for heating.,

Thanks to everyone for replies! I think it is the above, but will go back to customers and take a proper look. I was servicing their boiler and they mentioned this, but I was puzzled why it apparently needs to be manually switched on. If I get it sorted I will let you know

Big thanks for replies. Turned out it was the summer/winter rocker switch working the opposite way. Must be wired wrong.
Customer was having to get up in morning and switch it to "winter" setting, which was actually summer setting. All working now automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson under unit heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock