Search the forum,

Discuss must I clean magnacleans on boiler service?!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The other day was doing a inspection. The guy says that the last time he has the boiler service the engineer cleaned the system filter (magnacleans). Is this the job for the engineer. As. I find doing this task ( breaking the seals) can cause the seals to leak no matter how hard or tight you end up, and would mean application of a new gasket kit.
Have any of you guys experience this!
As you can't get replacement rubbers from wickes screwfix B&Q Halford Argos Sainsbury ToysRus Toolstation..
Anywhere

Had to bypass and order new kit

I always clean them as it seems silly to clean the boiler get it working properly and then allow more carp to go into it

Okay..!

try a proper plumbers merchant, or ring adey direct and get some....................................................why would you think of any of the places you mentioned would possibly have them?

Because I was astounded to find all these DIY stores with rubber in packs and none fit the isolation valves.... on a Sunday...

Yep, no point fitting them if they ain't getting cleaned?! Unless you know the system is spotless & there was nothing on the filter last year...

For I spot the old original Magnaclean I will warn them the valves could leak if they want it cleaned...

Yea - the old valves leak, and the new ones are approaching ÂŁ20. Also the valve washers are NOT standard, but Adey sent me some FOC. I always waen before isolating

Fancy a swap a 900x900 shower tray in box with fittings. For the lot.. bargain

this is why i like TF1 filters, no need to break the main seals to give it a clean,

image.jpg this was from today's

If you are doing a service, and the system has a filter fitted, what logical explaination is there to not clean the filter?? BTW, if you contact Adey or TF1, they will send you replacement seals and spanners FOC. If I have none in Van, silicone grease does the trick easily. Infact, every filter I clean, I automatically apply siliconer grease before reassembling. Have never had a leak

Flip your hand is very clean... yes I see. That's either a large 12 rad system or weren't clean in past. Never seen one that bad.

Funny thing the amount of types of magnacleans. But all doing the same thing. I like the grasslin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to must I clean magnacleans on boiler service?!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock