Discuss Mothers boiler giving me a headache in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening all

the old dears boiler is playing up. Ecotec Plus 837 pressure keeps going up and up. Only goes up when CH on. Was wondering if it was a split PHEX but it's not the old a boiler ???

Filling loop - fine
expansion - fine
did have new pump recently but cannot think what else could be up

losing patience with it and she's moaning so any thoughts appreciated

Last edited:
turn mains water off and open hot tap does the heating pressure go down? and have you checked expansion vessel at full load??

Have you checked for blockages? Could be a blockage in the lower plate, does that model have the two rubber hoses? Are they blocked?

No it's just newer than the rubber hoses.
As I say it only goes up when on CH
I did think phex but everything is working perfectly apart from the pressure rising

If you're sure the vessel is charged, I'd guess theres a blockage in the pipe going to the expansion vessel.

I'm with post 5. Blocked pipe between pump and expansion vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mothers boiler giving me a headache in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back