Discuss Mdpe to CWSC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Just been to a stopcock change an i packed the gland nut but its to stiff just not having it so im gonna change it anyway but i noticed it was 32mm mdpe in and mdpe out ! Had a quick look into the loft an the mdpe goes all the way up to the loft to the CWSC ! Had a word with customer they said a builder done it ! Ofcourse ! But theirs mothing to say its actually wrong is their ?

Nope. As long as it enters the property in the right way it should be fine.

If its blue mdpe then it needs to be protected from sunlight as the uv can affect it. But have seen it installed loads of times.

It is all boxed in etc ! And even isulated ! We know its not the right way but i didt want to say its wrong to the customer because their is nothing to say it is on paper ! Cheers guys ! Feels a stupid question but you know when you see somthing then think thats not right but is it acceptable ? Cheers

As long as its boxed in it will be o.k, unfortunately mdpe is`nt rodent proof.

Much more rodent proof than hep but doesn't look so nice because its blue (not that hep does either as it will look like a dog pyssing in the snow) but it will be boxed in and in the loft so no one sees it.
Advise it should be re-piped but if they refuse wgaf. It will last longer than the householder and will not be exposed to UV.
1st year apprentice doing new build bungalows i gave the main (on the instruction of my journeyman as it was his price work) the "belgian burl" What that meant was tee off for the sink then pull a 20 ft lenght from the tee up to the stopcock at the tank (properly clipped of course). Pipe was much thicker and softer then and you could pull a slow bend by hand no problem.

If you have to move an internal stopcock do I need any work signing off by the water undertaker?

If you have to move an internal stopcock do I need any work signing off by the water undertaker?

Not really ! Where are you moving it to ? The stopcock outside the boundry belongs tothe local water undertaker so on paper you should ring them to turn the water off but in practice that doesnt happen ! Just turn it off do your work PROPERLY and then turn water back on ! And you will have no problems !

But if you mean laying all new mains thus having a new location for stopcock then you will need to get it checked out ! You dig the trench then lay it they come out and check it and you backfill then the come back and do final connection !

Just moving the stopcock from under and old kitchen sink to under the new kitchen sink which is between the existing internal stopcock and the external stopcock so it's just a case of cutting the MDPE at the correct place bringing up though a wall making sure it's sleeved up under a timber floor and fit the new stopcock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mdpe to CWSC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
H
Hi I wonder if anyone can help please. I'm building a new small house and propose to install a natural gas kiln in an outbuilding. The new house...
Replies
Views
Hotwork40
H
N
I had my old boiler replaced and changed to an unvented system and relocated into the loft. Everything worked well for the first month or so. I...
Replies
Views
Novice needs help
N
Hi sorry to hijack the thread, but im new to these forums and upon searching for some answers to my below question i come across this thread. I...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can sanity check me! Bit of a project house - had an unvented cylinder fitted in the loft around a year ago. Gledhill horizontal...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock