Search the forum,

Discuss Magnaclean twintec.....rubbish!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Powerflushed a system yesterday with a 2 year old veissman vitodens installed on an old system with the twintec installed at the same time as the boiler.
customer complaing rads wernt getting and hot water running hot cold hot cold but boiler fireing upto 100 degrees!

Isolated boiler and flushed system.....while doing this took out plate which was full of magnatite and soaked in sea of salts....came out spanking new.

I then flushed through boiler to find couldnt get no circulation at all!! I then felt the rubber hose from the main heat exchanger to flow valve which was jammed pack with magnatite.....after squeezing the whole pipe i dislodged all thw magnatite and wallop.....the water flew around the boiler.....at the end i had a filter full of sludge and a very happy customer.....

But my verdict on the so called supirior twin tec is that its not fit for purpose and i wouldnt buy or fit one of these...would fit something else....i think my nans pants would have been a better filter!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Used the twintec once, bulky, expensive and didn't have much in it. Harder to clean etc etc....

Any form of system filter is not a replacement for flushing. It sound as though that was fitted instead of flushing to me.

a filter regardless of make wont help much if the systems never been cleaned,filters should only be used as a extra because we all know you can never get a old system fully clean,the original installer was a cowboy Craig,relying on a filter to much

after market sales con i believe. wasnt bg fitted was it.?. ÂŁ350 please sir.

Gone off the Magnacleans as they are expensive, can be awkward to fit and the valves leak. I usually fit TF1s

The fella told me it wasnt powerflushed when the new boiler was installed.....when i cleaned my filter out there was a little spring on it about 2 inches long!!! That couldve done some serious damage!!

Mb2 and a proper flush are what I do. A magnaleak is just plastic junk

the mb3 with the external magnet is a big improvent over the mb2, mind you they cost another 30 notes...

the mb3 with the external magnet is a big improvent over the mb2, mind you they cost another 30 notes...

huh....didn't know there was an mb3.....looks like a good bit of kit!!!

The fernox TF1 seem to be the best of all the filters around, spirotechs are rubbish and do not collect any sludged .. Taken loads of magnacleans out because of leaks..

Powerflushed a system yesterday with a 2 year old veissman vitodens installed on an old system with the twintec installed at the same time as the boiler.
customer complaing rads wernt getting and hot water running hot cold hot cold but boiler fireing upto 100 degrees!

Isolated boiler and flushed system.....while doing this took out plate which was full of magnatite and soaked in sea of salts....came out spanking new.

I then flushed through boiler to find couldnt get no circulation at all!! I then felt the rubber hose from the main heat exchanger to flow valve which was jammed pack with magnatite.....after squeezing the whole pipe i dislodged all thw magnatite and wallop.....the water flew around the boiler.....at the end i had a filter full of sludge and a very happy customer.....

But my verdict on the so called supirior twin tec is that its not fit for purpose and i wouldnt buy or fit one of these...would fit something else....i think my nans pants would have been a better filter!!!

what is exchanger made of on this boiler?.

if you used this stuff did you read the guide to the product or dosnt it matter for cleaning?.

[FONT=&quot] CORROSION[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Do not use on galvanised metals, stainless steel, aluminium or die cast alloys.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnaclean twintec.....rubbish!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock