Search the forum,

Discuss Macerator installation in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I am installing a macerator I got from plumbworld. 400w.
Where it's being installed to the far left I have an electric shower followed by a sink, to the right off the macerator there will be a kitchen sink on the other side off the partition.
Will I need a stop check valve in pipework on both sides?

Not with any models I have fitted.

But just make sure you follow the Manufacturer’s Instructions- especially regarding height of shower tray and gravity falls from each item to the macerator.

Ok I will do. My other question is.
The end that fits on macerator is a good fit. With clip on with it to.
There isn't a proper fit for my 45mm pvc pipe.
What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• PXL_20221217_173543399~2.jpg
    PXL_20221217_173543399~2.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 9
You have to cut the spigot to fit it eg the correct step etc and then use the provided jubilee clip on the flat spot

Not seen a flexi rubber connector quite like that before, is there more than one piece in your photo and the flexi goes over the pipe like the connection to the macerator tank.
Water wont completely drain,there, that pipe need to be higher.

Hi, yeah there was 2 off them.
I have sliced into them and fitted pvc pipe in perfectly... Along with clip to secure it 👍🏻
I'll get a better slope on it when I have all the pipes cut to size.
Thanks 👍🏻

Reply to Macerator installation in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock