Search the forum,

Discuss loose toilet seat, screws wont tighten in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I cannot get my toilet seat to tighten.

I have no access to underneath the toilet. I have taken the toilet seat off and tightened the screw, but it just keep spinning. As if the hole diameter is too big.

I've tried the rubber expanding fittings and the plastic ones of similar style.

Is my only option to remove the toilet from the wall and put some lug nuts on?

You should be able to find some stainless steel toggles that are made for that purpose.
They come with plastic handles and the plastic snaps off when you pull the toggle up tight.

I just cannot think of what they are called at the moment.

Hello

I cannot get my toilet seat to tighten.

I have no access to underneath the toilet. I have taken the toilet seat off and tightened the screw, but it just keep spinning. As if the hole diameter is too big.

I've tried the rubber expanding fittings and the plastic ones of similar style.

Is my only option to remove the toilet from the wall and put some lug nuts on?
Post a piccy for more answers Chking

If it is new then fine, try and find fixings but if it's done it's duty why not replace? A new bog seat is always nice and always looks better. Plenty of top fix seats available.

Reply to loose toilet seat, screws wont tighten in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I have a RAK toilet and seat, the seat keeps coming loose on one side, I tighten the screw but it doesn't last long. My question is will a replacement screw cure the problem or will I need to get a new seat?
Replies
Views
Just moved into a new place and the toilet seat is super loose. Spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to tighten this toilet seat. I did try unscrewing it from the bottom, took it out and inspected it but couldn't see any obvious way to tighten. Tried screwing the bottom screws in tigher...
Replies
Views
S
I tried to install a new toilet seat and I’m stuck in a process where I couldn’t loosen or tighten the screw. I also tried rotating the screw in both ways but that’s just a endless process and it wouldn’t come off. It’s a in wall built toilet so I could only stick my hand underneath a bit and...
Replies
Views
Jacuzzi toilet seat fixings are loose and I cannot figure out how to tighten them. Nothing seems removal and they cannot be accessed from underneath. Can anyone please advise me how to tighten them? Many thanks and warm regards
Replies
Views
Hi! Hoping for a bit of help! Thought I had an easy job of changing my toilet seat however it seems to be more challenging than I thought. It seems there’s no screw under the chrome. Just one long screw with a wing nut underneath. Please correct me if I’m wrong. The toilet seat also doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock