Discuss Loft Tank renewal question a bit urgent as our ceilings have collapsed lol in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
do I need a plastic washer on the outside of a tank connector?
if so why do they not supply them?
they supply the rubber one for the inside!

if I need the plastic washer i cant do the work today I will have to wait till the shops are open tomorrow:ack2:

Yes, you really should be using plastic washers on outside of tank fittings.
They not only add another seal to the joint, but they allow the brass nut to spin against the washer, rather than the tank. Because your fittings have a rubber washer on the inside, I must admit it would work without a plastic washer on the outside though.
B&Q or Screwfix would probably have washers and open today. As are some plumbing merchants

Last edited:
Bear in mind you need to leave some room between cistern and rafters for maintenance, insulation and open vent pipe.

Yes Tank is in awkward place but I suspect most are.
The new tank is not a high as the old one so ther is more room than before

Thanks

I wouldn't worry excessively about the pressure. The 'static pressure' is relative in direct proportion to the height of the water level above the tap. The actual flow rate from the tap will be relative to the working pressure and this is dictated by the staitic pressure AND the length and bore of pipework, any restrictions through valves, joints etc and I doubt you'll be changing the latter significantly.

Yes my old one is full of muck, new one looks good, hope to get it in today!
I'd rather ll my cold water was mains I might do this as I can route the tank supply mains round to the taps outlet from the tank and do away with it.

I would definitely do that if you can, also would mean less time to fill cwt when using the bath.

I would definitely do that if you can, also would mean less time to fill cwt when using the bath.

Turns into a big job when you find the cylinder is connected to the tank tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loft Tank renewal question a bit urgent as our ceilings have collapsed lol in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock