Discuss Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what it's like learning all over again, even though they are still compression fittings.

One positive from today - Yorkshire Xpress fittings are brilliant aren't they, made in seconds! I'm a convert.

:D you don't know your born these days

Told you, you would love them

Is it normal for the end of the pipe by the fitting to bend onwards very slightly? Nothing leaked but I'm guessing it will do as it's basically a big pneumatic press

Is it normal for the end of the pipe by the fitting to bend onwards very slightly? Nothing leaked but I'm guessing it will do as it's basically a big pneumatic press

Yes that's normal

Amy pics ?

IMG_0096.PNG Pic of Amy. As requested

Will be grabbing some tomorrow when it doesn't leak :)

Won't look that good though!

I think I might have been a doughnut and roughed up the grooves of the thread. I get the impression you're supposed to run the saw across the threads rather than along the grooves??

Anything better than a saw blade to rough them up? That will take forever on a 2" thread!
I would just rub the blade from top to bottom of the thread and you will get a pretty nice rough thread which is great for loctite or any other product like horeses hair I guess that's what you guys call it here.

Well you leaking yet ?

We're there :) tried the Loctite 55 again today. Must have just been a tight thread on the first one. Worked a treat on the second one today :)

Broken my commercial plumbing virginity :)

Non-insulated pipe at the back is mine!

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

Looks good any reason why you didn't use a f + f lever valve first ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock