Discuss Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
2" softened water feed to some massive loft tanks.

Is the fitting a tight fit with nothing on?
4 turns per thread or over the entire fitting?

I get the large toothpaste sized tubes from a merchant in leeds ÂŁ42. Seems a lot, but that whole job used 1/4 of it.

It will hold pressure straight away.but full strength talkers a few hours.

Bss normally

Just read, 3 hours full cure time. That's doable to be honest, but none of the merchants in Lincoln will stock it I bet!

We have a BSS, worth trying them tomorrow.

The thread is definitely quite tight, I can't even get 4 turns of 55 over the whole thread without it binding and becoming impossible to tighten.

Thanks all. Need it tomorrow first thing and BSS is round the corner.

That seems like what I need for this job tbh. Give it 3 hours and no leaks. The pipework is feeding the cold water tanks at a small hospital and I've had to leave them isolated but full overnight and tell wards to lock bathrooms till tomorrow. All because Loctite 55 wouldn't work :(

Tell you what it's like learning all over again, even though they are still compression fittings.

One positive from today - Yorkshire Xpress fittings are brilliant aren't they, made in seconds! I'm a convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock