Search the forum,

Discuss Leak - water getting into shower control unit in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

R

russty74

Hi

We have a Ideal Standard Connect Easybox Slim Built-in Shower - When using the shower, water is getting through the control faceplate and causing a leak. We were advised by one company that there was probably a problem with seals inside, and advised that they needed to buy a new unit as they couldnt get the seals separately. Then the same company sent round a different guy who advised that he needed to rip the whole unit out, breaking off tiles and then replacing them. The problem we have with that is that the tile size we have has been discontinued and only a larger size tile available. This company now want us to have all the tile removed and a shower wall panel installed.

Can anyone advise if this is really neccessary or if another solution is needed? Im pretty sure it just needs something inside the panel to stop the water getting through but then im not a plumber.

Thanks

Have you tried sealing around the 3 edges with clear silicon ? Leave the bottom open

Reply to Leak - water getting into shower control unit in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock