Currently reading:
Landlord Safety Certificates-What do you gas engineers do?

Discuss Landlord Safety Certificates-What do you gas engineers do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hardy1

Hi there just a quick question, regarding landlord safey certificates, when you engineers give landlord certificates out, do you carry out a service at the same time, or just do the min checks required fsd's working pressures, visual on flue e.t.c?, or do you guys do a full strip down?, cause when i ask a engineer 2 go full service and about 4 go just the minimum checks, so a bit confused about it at the moment, what do you engineers do?.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can never understand why law says its compulsory for a landlord to issue safety cert for tennants but yet apparenttly a fifth of u.k homes have gas appliances that are a.r or i.d . So why not make it compulsory by law to have all gas appliances yearly serviced ???

its all about responsibility of a "service" provided, if you rent a house it needs to be checked as safe, hire a sthill saw it needs to be checked before you take it out, hire a car its the same, but now buy the 3 items and the responsibility shifts, it will NEVER become mandatory to service every gas appliance yearly because there are more private owner voters than there are gas engineers

I understand that its a service provided has to be health safety checked ,however how can you have an MOT on cars as a basic fit for use on road test when god knows how many dodgy appliances are out there ?? Surely its in everyones interest and govt's to implent such a law.

I understand that its a service provided has to be health safety checked ,however how can you have an MOT on cars as a basic fit for use on road test when god knows how many dodgy appliances are out there ?? Surely its in everyones interest and govt's to implent such a law.

how many people die each year from gas incidents? thats what the bean counters will look at, and the MP's will not risk the backlash from voters by pushing it through, as other trades etc would say if they need to pay for their boiler to be checked the house electrics should be checked as well, and we will all ask how many people die in electrical fires every year, and if it isnt too many we wont want to pay for an electrician to check our electrics

Why do councills and landlords have to get them serviced each year?
I know its because they are landlords, but why do they have to??
Because unserviced appliances kill people, no other reason. Its not to prolong the life of the appliance, because why make a landlord with 1 home to rent have it done too.
So yes they should be made to be serviced each year, as a parent you are in the same boat as a landlord, as you are responsible for the safety of people in the house, you are endangering the lives of your children or spouse etc.

Just safety check, Trace gas pipe work if any leak, check that all safety components functioning correctly , ventilation requirement if apply,
...................If you want your boiler have a long life you pay for service as well but it your choice. U can fail an inspection if your boiler is poor condition becourse of lack of service.

Depending on which report but upto 50 people die a year in the u.k from carbon monoxide poisioning (thats if symptoms are diagnosed correctly).
On top of that there are thousands (probably alot more)in the u.k alone suffering from undiagnosed symptoms,However many gas appliances are installed in the u.k you need to work out a fifth of that amoiunt which are immediately dangerous.Now i am far from a mathmatician but thats hell of alot of appliances and all i have seen this winter is nothing from gas safe on the news or in the media about these dangers and reccomends a service /safety check.

I have seen health awareness reports in papers and on the news about the dangers but the main watchdog gas safe ,,,,,not alot !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord Safety Certificates-What do you gas engineers do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock