Discuss Keeping boiler retrurn between 40-55degC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fieldshead

Grant oil boiler requires return temp to be a minimum of 40degC once it has reached operating temp. to avoid corrosion of the boiler water jacket. Ideally return temp between 40 and 55degC. How can be this best be achieved? The system consists of unvented cylinder, upstairs zone of rads, 4 under floor heating zones. Each zone controlled by programable thermostats and programmer for cylinder.

balancing of the system to manufacturers intructions, thought grant required 20c differencial temp ?

Thanks Ecowarm. I agree. But I'm trying to cover different zones coming on at different times. E.g. underfloor being on all day but rads upstairs on am and pm (which may be on later am than underfloor. When rads come on the bolier is already up to operating temp supplying underfloor heating and along comes cold water from rads, so bringing return temp below 40degC. And design return temp for underfloor is less than 40deg so problem when underfloor on alone.

One solution could be to use a 22mm TMV (usually used for bath HW). Positioned further away from bolier than auto diverter valve (pressure differential) so when failsafe kicks in on TMV flow goes through diverter.

Another option would be to have 3 way valve on return alowing return directly to boiler when temp in return greater than, say, 50deg. Otherwise send through a 3 port underfloor mixer valve set to, say, 55deg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keeping boiler retrurn between 40-55degC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock