Discuss Issue connecting V33WM Twin Connector to standpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evets_backwards

Hi,

My washing machine hose that goes into a drain standpipe has been leaking a little water, when the machine goes really fast. I've tried some drain cleaner but still seems to be an issue.

I know I could try a Drain Rod/Snake - but after a visit to a plumbing centre they recommended a Twin Connector V33WM (1.5") which connects the hose to the white PVC standpipe and blocks any water coming out. Looks like it will do the job - but when I come to fit it the standpipe does not fit this.

The standpipe looks like it has been sawed and is cut at an angle - maybe this is preventing the part connecting properly with the standpipe or it could just be the wrong size.

Any ideas?

Standpipe.jpg
standpipe close.jpg
Instructions.jpg
V33 WM and stand pipe.jpg
V33 WM close up of connection.jpg
measurement of V33 WM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldn't need a rod to clear it. Just take the grate off the gully and get your fingers in there.

bin bag helps

Great thanks, I'll do that tomorrow.

The part about clipping the pipe up, did you mean I did to attach a clip to the wall and put the pipe in it, to make the horizontal pipe level?

Great thanks, I'll do that tomorrow.

The part about clipping the pipe up, did you mean I did to attach a clip to the wall and put the pipe in it, to make the horizontal pipe level?

wants to run downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Issue connecting V33WM Twin Connector to standpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock