Search the forum,

Discuss Issue connecting V33WM Twin Connector to standpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evets_backwards

Hi,

My washing machine hose that goes into a drain standpipe has been leaking a little water, when the machine goes really fast. I've tried some drain cleaner but still seems to be an issue.

I know I could try a Drain Rod/Snake - but after a visit to a plumbing centre they recommended a Twin Connector V33WM (1.5") which connects the hose to the white PVC standpipe and blocks any water coming out. Looks like it will do the job - but when I come to fit it the standpipe does not fit this.

The standpipe looks like it has been sawed and is cut at an angle - maybe this is preventing the part connecting properly with the standpipe or it could just be the wrong size.

Any ideas?

Standpipe.jpg
standpipe close.jpg
Instructions.jpg
V33 WM and stand pipe.jpg
V33 WM close up of connection.jpg
measurement of V33 WM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. I've added some images to the OP too it that helps.

The V33 WM Twin connector fitting is supposed to fit a 1.5" (40mm) according to the instructions (image attached in OP) - I've taken a picture and the connection seems to be about a little over 1 1/4" but I presume the pipe should go over that connection to fit inside.

The standpipe is a little harder to measure as it's been sawed diagonally a little bit (see picture in OP) - it seems to be about 1 3/4" - so bigger than the fitting.

There is a clip that is going to tighten the hose from the washing machine to the left-hand-side of the fitting as seen in pic 3. That part is ok.

It is the standpipe that doesn't seem to fit to the fitting. The pipe doesnt fit inside the fitting so if I tightened it with the screw thing & washer inside of it, I'm sure water will come out. Sorry I am a novice!

In pic 5 & 6 the inside pipe - push it in the pipe. Or around the stand pipe then tighten nut & washer & test.

its 1 1/4 push fit will never fit :D

you have two options

1 re new the whole pipe in 1 1/2 (much better and best option)

2 get a 1 1/4 push fit to 11/2 reducer and a short piece of 11/2 push fit

but needs the blockage sorting

In pic 5 & 6 the inside pipe - push it in the pipe. Or around the stand pipe then tighten nut & washer & test.

I've tried pushing the inside pipe of the fitting in the stand pipe, or around the stand pipe. But it just doesn't fit.

Blocked is blocked. Does it go to a gully outside? If so, check that the pipe isn't too close to the grate and that it's not backed up there.

its 1 1/4 push fit will never fit :D

you have two options

1 re new the whole pipe in 1 1/2 (much better and best option)

The standpipe goes into a elbow joint as seen in pic 1 - do you mean replace that part or the whole rest of the pipe as well that comes out of the horizontal elbow joint and behind the kitchen units?

2 get a 1 1/4 push fit to 11/2 reducer and a short piece of 11/2 push fit

So, a 1 1/4" push-fit to 11/2 reducer is an adapter for the diff pipe sizes? Do you have a link to the part or a picture please?

The short piece of 11/2 push fit, where would this fit in the current set up?

but needs the blockage sorting

Yeah, I'll defo try a rod/snake as well. The leaking doesn't seem that bad, just a bit of splash every time. But over time it builds up so I need to sort it.

Yeah, I'll defo try a rod/snake as well. The leaking doesn't seem that bad, just a bit of splash every time. But over time it builds up so I need to sort it.

1 all the way back to either 11/2 or a 4" stack/gully

2 best to get a plumber as not all push fit are the same so cant give links as could be different

but the pipe either way needs clipping as its falling the wrong way atm

Blocked is blocked. Does it go to a gully outside? If so, check that the pipe isn't too close to the grate and that it's not backed up there.

I've just checked, as we've just moved in. There's a drain outside that the water comes out of in a pipe. Theres does seem to be a build up of some mud etc inside which I'll need to rod clear? Water is coming through though.

Make sure that you get that pipe clipped up too!

Thanks Shaun also for pointing this out. You mean the horizontal pipe in pic 1 that leans downwards to the left? What's the correct angle for it and how do you clip it up please?

You shouldn't need a rod to clear it. Just take the grate off the gully and get your fingers in there.

You shouldn't need a rod to clear it. Just take the grate off the gully and get your fingers in there.

bin bag helps

Great thanks, I'll do that tomorrow.

The part about clipping the pipe up, did you mean I did to attach a clip to the wall and put the pipe in it, to make the horizontal pipe level?

Great thanks, I'll do that tomorrow.

The part about clipping the pipe up, did you mean I did to attach a clip to the wall and put the pipe in it, to make the horizontal pipe level?

wants to run downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Issue connecting V33WM Twin Connector to standpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock