Discuss Is it me - blocked basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Here I go again

Gf maisonette, bathroom basin blocked, old woman, take it apart & clean, all ok

Still blocked.

Now the pipe at the back runs along to the drain & can't be accessed.

I stick a auger a far as it'll go & prod/twist etc. nothing comes out in the end.

I go outside, the drain pipe for the gutter is out of its hole & there's pea shingle & muck, I can't get my hand down.

As you look from outside, on the left is the kitchen - all ok, in the centre the drain pipe & on the right the blocked basin.

The bath in the bathroom drains. It on the wall closest the kitchen.

Toilet ok.

This is the 4th sink/basin I've failed to unblock.

I recommended jetting it. I prodded the drain hole but it's bunged up

Any thoughts?

Rct

Last one i couldnt get my auger into As it had too many bends and behind kitchen units. so i got it into a position where i cleaned the end took a deep breath and blew it through. Funny taste in my mouth all day but it worked

Last one i couldnt get my auger into As it had too many bends and behind kitchen units. so i got it into a position where i cleaned the end took a deep breath and blew it through. Funny taste in my mouth all day but it worked

Memo: Carry bottle of mouthwash in the van? (Or use the customers bottle in the bathroom)

Last edited:
If its solvent weld, get a air pump unblocked, save sucking your mouth round the pipe

Just had a call, neighbour went round, plunged it 5 seconds - all clear!!

Now I'm stumped

Next time wet vac - if there is a next time.

Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it me - blocked basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock