Discuss Is it me - blocked basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Here I go again

Gf maisonette, bathroom basin blocked, old woman, take it apart & clean, all ok

Still blocked.

Now the pipe at the back runs along to the drain & can't be accessed.

I stick a auger a far as it'll go & prod/twist etc. nothing comes out in the end.

I go outside, the drain pipe for the gutter is out of its hole & there's pea shingle & muck, I can't get my hand down.

As you look from outside, on the left is the kitchen - all ok, in the centre the drain pipe & on the right the blocked basin.

The bath in the bathroom drains. It on the wall closest the kitchen.

Toilet ok.

This is the 4th sink/basin I've failed to unblock.

I recommended jetting it. I prodded the drain hole but it's bunged up

Any thoughts?

Rct

Last one i couldnt get my auger into As it had too many bends and behind kitchen units. so i got it into a position where i cleaned the end took a deep breath and blew it through. Funny taste in my mouth all day but it worked

Last one i couldnt get my auger into As it had too many bends and behind kitchen units. so i got it into a position where i cleaned the end took a deep breath and blew it through. Funny taste in my mouth all day but it worked

Memo: Carry bottle of mouthwash in the van? (Or use the customers bottle in the bathroom)

Last edited:
Just had a call, neighbour went round, plunged it 5 seconds - all clear!!

Now I'm stumped

Next time wet vac - if there is a next time.

Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it me - blocked basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock