Search the forum,

Discuss Insinkerator boiling tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jamie LM

Hi looking for some advice. My inlaws have an insinkerator boiling and cold tap (model number HC3300 c). It was leaking from the handle so naturally I didn’t think it would take much to change a washer or cartridge. I should also explain that I have been a pipefitter for last 5 years but I admit I don’t have a massive amount of experience when it comes to domestic stuff. After removing handle and getting to cartridge there are 4 very small flathead screws which for lid of me I cannot unscrew. Any tips on how to remove these. Insinkerator were not particularly helpful when speaking to in-laws and told them to just get new tap and nothing can be done to repair it. Any help massively appreciated

Hi there

Have you got any photos of the issue?

I’ve worked out how to remove the handle. You need a special tool with four prongs to unscrew the cartridge for which there won’t becany parts. Has to be binned. Terrible.

I have same issue. Sounds like futile exercise trying to replace the cartridge?
My plumber says if I get the cartridge he will replace it. But he will have same issues Roger had. Even if he gets to cartridge any know what part number / compatible model to order?
Cannot find any mention of HC3300 cartridge on internet!

I’ve worked out how to remove the handle. You need a special tool with four prongs to unscrew the cartridge for which there won’t becany parts. Has to be binned. Terrible.

Hi, how did you manage to remove the handle? Mine is leaking from the handle, but can't find a way to remove this. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to Insinkerator boiling tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock