Search the forum,

Discuss Inline corrosion inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fitted something similar to the Salamander COR22 in the past between 20 and 30 notes plus the vat. Supposed to last at least 5 years and wasn't affected by draining down.
Place stopped stocking them so I stopped fitting them.

Havent seen one of those before, the cor22 looks like it might be good for an Elson or primatic set up.

IMHO the inline things are crap.

Scale reducer - says it all
Corrosion inhibitor - make sure the boiler manufacture is ok with the us of one of these instead of the usual chemicals. I doubt they would be.

IMHO the inline things are crap.

Scale reducer - says it all
Corrosion inhibitor - make sure the boiler manufacture is ok with the us of one of these instead of the usual chemicals. I doubt they would be.

do you know what it is? i can only assume it is some kind of inline sacrificial anode that attracts the electrolytes and prevents corrosion of the rads,

Mr central heating does the boiler protection pack which contains the salamander. It works by removing the oxygen in the water. I have fitted a few. Its handy if you need to keep draining and filling a system. Time will tell if they work.

Mr central heating does the boiler protection pack which contains the salamander. It works by removing the oxygen in the water. I have fitted a few. Its handy if you need to keep draining and filling a system. Time will tell if they work.

Do you also add inhibitor?

Fitted a few myself but not been able to get them recently from my supplier, i think its the best protection for a new boiler and always try to fit when i can,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inline corrosion inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a DIYer, successfully fitted an external garden tap, supply sourced from downstairs loo, standard 13 mil copper pipework, in-line cut-off. WEATHER PROBLEM - its works fine for years EXCEPT twice now I've had split pipe due to freezing (at -8C ) despite foam protection. My thinking -...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Closed heating system, approx 14 years old with oil fired boiler, feeding around 18 radiators over 2 floors. One small radiator nearest the boiler and downstairs repeatedly fills up with hydrogen over a period of about 4 weeks. Hydrogen is suspected as it can be ignited and there is no smell...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock