Currently reading:
Ideal mini c24 auto air vent leaking Help!!

Discuss Ideal mini c24 auto air vent leaking Help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boyley24

Hi, looking for a bit of advice i have a mini c24 that’s leaking from the auto air vent, was just a drip or two but now a bit of a torrent like 2 liters in the past couple of days.

It has another problem that i have been living with for a year or so that may help any diagnosis, which is that sometimes during a heating cycle it stops heating the water and just seems to carry on pumping it round the system (green led now flashes 4 times per second) if you change the setting to off till it stops doing anything then put it back on to the original timer program it the works fine for as long as a couple of days then it will happen again.

Any help on what problems it could have would be appreciated just to get a bit of a heads up on possible costs (promise i won’t try to do any of the work myself as I’m a plasterer not a plumber)

Best bet all round ring a plumber first thing and get it sorted, you shouldn't be taking the cover off mate it's not worth it, auto air vent is easily changed to someone gsr.

Welcome to the forum boyley24 :)

One of my pet hates is the Ideal mini!! Sounds like you have a few issues that'll need a pro' to check out! Regards cost well your guess is as good as mine!! Get the auto vent sorted soon though! Adding fresh water all the time adds to the corrosion of the system alas!! :)

One of my pet hates is the Ideal mini!! :)
Great even the pro's think they are terrible!

I will leave anything to do with actual gas to someone who is GSR so no worries there Throggy!

As it was leaking all aver the kitchen on a Sunday i had little choice but to try and stop it, as all the plumbers i called couldnt come out till monday.

Looks like the valve on the top of the aav was jammed open with some muck (probably corrosion as i havent cleaned and protected for 3 years) so I cleaned it and replaced it and it seems to have done the trick for now. Will get a plumber out to replace it asap.

Anyone got any ideas on the flashing green light of death? I've had this "fixed" a couple of times by reputable tradesmen only for it to return a couple of months later....

Might get a quote to flush the whols system and put a new boiler in will probs be cheaper in the long run! Any make and model other than the mini c24 i should steer clear of?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal mini c24 auto air vent leaking Help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back