Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ideal mexico 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamia

just moved into house with a floor standing boiler on a y plan danfoss hva3 valve the problem I,m having is when I select hw only the c h comes on also, the mid position valve has just been changed to try to rectified the problem ,it didn't,the mi states that the ch can not be selected independently ,but surly hw can, can some one put be straight

Boiler is a rock! Never brake and really hard to lift. Yes sounds like u have a wiring issue. Probably best checking it all from basics. DHW will work independently no probs .

Boiler is a rock! Never brake and really hard to lift. Yes sounds like u have a wiring issue. Probably best checking it all from basics. DHW will work independently no probs .
the three port has four wires,is this correct or should it be five

thats the way its ment to work the clock is set to give hot water only and heating and hot water together old w plan three way has less wires can be upgraded but will involve some wirlng from cylinder to boiler normally and depending on how its piped now maybe some plumbing as well as they were often systems converted from gravity

thats the way its ment to work the clock is set to give hot water only and heating and hot water together old w plan three way has less wires can be upgraded but will involve some wirlng from cylinder to boiler normally and depending on how its piped now maybe some plumbing as well as they were often systems converted from gravity
it has been a fully pumped system from day one and set up as a y plan,but when hot water is called for you get both.

GSI knows a lot. Generally agree on most things excluding Worcester boosh! Think he's on the right trail.

Couldn't remember. Only fit Honeywell and always check back wiring when changing so don't remember what wire does what on which item. But hw on, hw off, ch, n so no sl or no hw on??

No earth on a danfoss. Is a standard 3 port mid pos. Get someone in who knows what they are doing.

honeywell for me too , but discussion of wiring on open forum no

job is simple and will take a heating engineer about 2h to rewire it all and fit you a honeywell valve

It's probably been like that since it was fitted most likely wired by an electrician :wink:

obviously not your thing,thanks any ways

Jamia,

I can sense you are more confused now and that's not the intention coming on here, you have a very old system with no pump run on but there are wiring diagrams for this that look nothing like the modern Y plan, its on page three of the Danfoss booklet and mid position wiring of the valve on page 2 of the valve leaflet, it really should be a simple wiring matter and there is little to go wrong, for someone with a tester and the circuit diagram it should take 5 mins to find out what is wrong, where do you live. If you want to know how it works just PM me and then I can talk to you on the phone. Just check this is the valve on the data sheet below. You should get it resolved here, this is simple has making chips. Please check and see how many wiring there are into the valve there could be end switches that you may not need to be wired on this old plan below, there maybe more numbers on the valve than you have given us.

Tony

pumped 3.jpgvalve.jpg
512px-Y-Plan-Wiring.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamia,

I can sense you are more confused now and that's not the intention coming on here, you have a very old system with no pump run on but there are wiring diagrams for this that look nothing like the modern Y plan, its on page three of the Danfoss booklet and mid position wiring of the valve on page 2 of the valve leaflet, it really should be a simple wiring matter and there is little to go wrong, for someone with a tester and the circuit diagram it should take 5 mins to find out what is wrong, where do you live. If you want to know how it works just PM me and then I can talk to you on the phone. Just check this is the valve on the data sheet below. You should get it resolved here, this is simple has making chips. Please check and see how many wiring there are into the valve there could be end switches that you may not need to be wired on this old plan below, there maybe more numbers on the valve than you have given us.

Tony

View attachment 15195View attachment 15196
View attachment 15197
i tried to pm you ,it says you do not accept pm's

Jamia,

The PM setting were wrong try me now, if you can't I will post me email

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal mexico 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock