Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logik? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john365

Hi all,
I'm looking to replace my 1970's wall mounted baxi with a new combi. Got a few prices in at around £2k to do the whole job, remove tank etc. Most have suggested Worchester Bosch but I hear the PCB lets go every few years.
One engineer is recommending the Ideal Logik 35. Cheaper and now a great boiler he says with good water pressure output. Ideal has a stinking rep but the new Logik is supposed to be good with German parts, stainless steel heat exchanger and 7 year guarantee. Would love to hear the opinions of professionals on this.
John

I've no doubt someone will correct me but I think it's the logic plus that's the preferable model

Good boiler
The heat exchanger isn't SS
2k sounds very cheap!

Got some quotes between £1900 and £2200. Don't want to go too cheap but don't want a crap boiler either. He'll also fit a Magna filter? My Baxi has been going for 40 odd years but is of course terribly inefficient and slow to heat the house. People here recommend Valiant, but none of the chaps I've had over have suggested anything but Worchester? I take it the Ideal is a cheap option, hence him coming in a bit cheaper?

Vaillant are great boilers would have them over a Worcester any day

Cant be sure of the model, would be worth paying the extra for the plus though I guess. Will the water pressure for a shower be dependent on the Kw rating (am guessing a 35kw is better than 30kw)

The kilowattage is an affecting factor but if your incoming mains isn't up to it flow and pressure wise then you're onto a loser at the start get an engineer to test your flow and pressure (static and dynamic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logik? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock