Discuss Ideal Icos, no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,

going back to a job tomorrow with the electrician to try and suss out a problem.

Its a Ideal Icos 24he with a new Drayton 3 port and new Honeywell room stat. Boiler lights and heats well with hot water on its own as well as hw and heating both on at programmer. All air out of system and all radiators and pipework heat up as they should.

When its on heating only the boiler cuts out, the room stat is right up but I just can't get it going. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

You'll have to see if the boiler is continuously getting signal to run on heating if it drops out then it's a signal issue somewhere along the line.

Don't want to sound like an idiot here but how would I go about that? not to confident on my fault finding skills.

You'll have to test the switched live into the boiler, L1 or L2 should become live when the 3 port goes to hot water or mid position as you say they are no problem, if you get nothing when it's heating only then a part of the controls circuit it goosed.
What wall programmer is it?

Ok cheers. I'll give it a go. Off the top of my head it's a Drayton 2channel

Aye... changed a few of them recently as they stopped activating the heating or intermittent on it so be worth checking that too, the one i changed last week was only about 5 years old.

this should help you copy and paste the link into a search engine

file:///C:/Users/gas/Downloads/Wiring-Guide-Issue-16%20(1).pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos, no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back