Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Concord Pilot Light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbjohn

Ideal Concord CX170 - problem with pilot light.
The Pilot light is a bit poor but will hold the thermocouple in with a bit of patience.
When boiler fires up on main burner, pilot light becomes very weak and sometimes the burners drop out because the pilot cannot keep the heat on the thermocouple. Sometimes the thermocouple will hold in while the main burner is firing but after the main burner stops, the pilot light is very weak and wobbly but sometimes provides enough heat to keep the thermocouple in.
Gradually the pilot light gets a bit stronger while the main burner is off but is still poor.
The Gas Control has been replaced by my gas man and he has checked the gas pressure which he says is ok but he does not seem to know why the pilot is so poor.

well if your gas man does not know why your pilots so poor find another this ones a half wit

I find it hard to believe a gas plumber would not know what the problem is here
as said pretty basic
imho

I've had alot of experience with this boiler. bs it's rather large. Why have you got one?

When ever I get an intermittent fault on the thermocouple I always change the interrupter as it does degrade overtime.

Where are you based. I think you need a good com gsr Eng!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply - the boiler came with the house which is very large.
Am based in Hampshire area

if the pilot flame picture is bad you have to deal with that first before changing anything

Sorry just has another major thought

Have you got your com tickets. This isn't covered under the Dom ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Concord Pilot Light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock