Discuss I have a trial at a plumbing company Any advice on what company's are looking for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny

Hi all,

I have a trail for a couple of days with a plumbing company and i was hoping someone will have some advice for me on what they will be looking for the most. I think on the days of my trail we will be installing a central heating system. Just wanted to know what to expect

Thanks in advance to any one with any advice
Cheers Guys

Re: I have a trial at a plumbing company Any advice on what company's are looking for

Not a tiler.
Tile after tile and some more tiles. Not for me

Re: I have a trial at a plumbing company Any advice on what company's are looking for

I've had many trainee's in my time ,but not in the plumbing trade . I can tell in the first 15 minutes if someone is going to make it .It's their attitude, demeanor, willingness to accept mundane jobs. Definately leave phone at home. You've got to create a good working relationship with your pier what ever level your at. No hands in pockets , if theres nothing to do clean up. Recognise when your boss is struggling and stay out of his way.If as you say you've got a bit of experience just get on with what you know. Personally I think having a good rapor with your boss is worth more than experience.

Re: I have a trail at a plumbing company Any advice on what company's are looking for

Do things the way you would do it, be confident, spell trial right, take your time and don't cause any leaks, if in doubt about something then think twice before you do it, double check for leaks, be on time, learn the names for things so the boss can understand you. You will struggle as you are not used to having deadlines, being held responsible for your actions etc. I have done it and don't think I could be full time employed, but each to there own. oh and be polite to customers.
Also use words in their correct context ! (There should read their)! ;-)

All the best mate

Guys

Let's not turn into grammar nazi's here. (says he having changed the thread title.)

What I would suggest is we offer a proof reading service for the bodies of any letters of application or in general.

Re: trial at a plumbing company Any advice on what company's are looking for?

What I would suggest is we offer a proof reading service for the bodies of any letters of application or in general.

That's a good idea mate but it would have to be region specific as many peeps dont speek proper Eenglish like wot I do, innit!

Be on time. Look like the kind of guy they want. Tidy, clean, don't stink. Do what you are capable of doing and look keen. The phone think mentioned by ray really winds me up too!

Hi all,

I have a trail for a couple of days with a plumbing company and i was hoping someone will have some advice for me on what they will be looking for the most. I think on the days of my trail we will be installing a central heating system. Just wanted to know what to expect

Thanks in advance to any one with any advice
Cheers Guys

They will be looking for you to finish the heating system in the two days, see how you perform, hope it's plastic, quick fit, push fit :20:

Tony

Im pretty sure most company's dont employ on the basis of how you spell 'trial' but hey

But everyone with helpful advice and comments i appreciate thanks guys

Re: trial at a plumbing company Any advice on what company's are looking for?

Companies now tend to be paid a fixed price for jobs, they then pay you a fixed price for your labour.
Therefore, the employers ideally want you to work your socks off with no callbacks, be tidy, polite and above all fast.

nazi's shouldn't have an ' . it's a plural of nazi. :):):):) Was that being too helpful Croppie?

Re: I have a trail at a plumbing company Any advice on what company's are looking for

Not sure you need any advice, but make sure you are there early. It shows interest and keenness.

Oh and offer to make the tea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I have a trial at a plumbing company Any advice on what company's are looking for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back