Search the forum,

Discuss Hyco Handyflow Undersink, When turned on, causes tap to drip in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Liam CH

Hello! I have recently gotten my sink installed with the Hyco Handyflow Undersink. It works great and makes the water go hot. However when I turn it on to heat the water, it causes the tap to slowly drip. When i turn this off, it seems to stop dripping.

Would there be any indication what the problem is from anyone?

Sounds normal as the water is expanding when upto temp does it stop dripping ?

The Hyco is supplied with a vented tap, so it will drip to relieve expansion when turned on.

1645866843316.png

If thats just a “ normal “tap it doesn't sound right , post a pic of the pipework under the sink

I had to make an account to get the picture functionality working.

I'm not too sure how these work, so if this is normal then great! I don't know how long estimate it will take for the dripping to stop, i shall test that out now.

Here are the photographs

274548282_649098996410003_3027111786569353926_n.jpeg

274612893_1163607594411017_7265016007193215835_n.jpeg

I've just had the heater on, and after about 10 - 20 minutes it's turned off, the dripping has stopped and the water is heated!

So my lack of understanding is my failure! As people have said, it's normal due to the vented tap and expansion of water. Once the water is heated, it stops the dripping stops also!

Sorry for the silly question!

Make a sign up to tell as it’s common for people to try and keep turning the hot tap as it’s dripping and it breaks the tap

Reply to Hyco Handyflow Undersink, When turned on, causes tap to drip in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock