Search the forum,

Discuss How useless are gas safe?? trying to report suspected illegal fitter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aligorgon

Hi guys

its been a while since I have posted but have a bit of an problem I need some advice with.

went to do a cp12 on Friday (for a agency) and 1st off did a let by / tightness test. had a drop off about 15 mb in 1minute.

Isolated boiler and retested... no drop

Open boiler iso valve and started dropping again

told homeowner gas valve was passing and she said that her usual gas guy had serviced her boiler just last week and there was no issue.

got her to come outside and sniff flue as it stunk. She said she knew but her gas engineer had said it was normal.

told her I was seriously worried about his competence and give me his phone number, funnily she didn't have it

I isolated boiler and issued warning notice.

fast forward to Tuesday, re-attended to re-do cp12 as her gas guy had replaced valve and also told her she was wasting 200quid as there was nothing wrong - further heightening my concerns about him.

again I asked her for his contact details or gs number. she refused to give me anything.

re-tested the gas .. .no drop this time

got analyser out and stuck it in flue.... only about 35000ppm of CO being spewed out.

engineer obviously hadn't checked bp.
homeowner is ****ed on this visit and as I am trying to show her the effects of co poisoning out my gas book is getting seriously aggressive.

I isolate and ID boiler.

So now this gas engineer who wont issue a cp12 has left this boiler on 2 occasions in a seriously unsafe condition.

customer still refusing to give any info about him.

rang gas safe today I didn't want to, but this guy needs to be stopped I seriously doubt he is competent or registered.

gas safe said without any details about the engineer they cant do anything.

Great ...

I cant believe that they wont visit the homeowner. this homeowner has 5 other houses she lets out and this guy does all the work on them... very worrying...

anyone had a similar situation or any advice???

had a booking today to sevice a wb,attended only to find a high level cooker 200mm below boiler with a non combustable shield 100mm above grill and condense pipe running down back of cooker.a r cooker and issue warning notice.customer not willing for me to isolate.called gas safe and their response was the engineer who fitted it would have to re attend and they would only take action if he refused and the customer contacted them to verify,the boiler has been in three years and nobody has picked up on these issues.w t f

only advice they gave me was ring national grid up as they might be able to help me more..

honestly, am tempted to ring homeowner up and tell them to give me his details or I will phone national grid up and tell them boiler is dangerous and to cut off gas.

apparently her gas engineer has since been back and now its running ok, but the guys a moron.

That's if he even exists it's probably her hubby doing it

Is he an illegal fitter? We don't know so we can't assume. Could be perfectly legal and maybe made a genuine mistake resetting co2 values perhaps? He's only human after all.

Your job is to make it safe or isolate with their permission and/or RIDDOR report the unsafe situation.

I wouldn't bother my arse trying to drop people in the sh*t, without knowing facts anyway.

It's very true. Can't have sentiment. I'd just get them cut off.

Why didn't her usual bloke do the cp12 if he's doing all other gas work? Obviously not registered

no I don't know he isn't GS but I am seriously concerned that theres someone out there who can't perform a tightness test, and passes a boiler that's giving of a CO / CO2 ratio of 0.25%.

I have never had to deal with this situation before maybe luckily... that's why I am asking advice - I am mainly commercial, but got a contract for 100 cp12s I couldn't turn down.

is this riddor reportable ? a little confused as every thing I read relating to riddor always mentions gas fittings.

I would say its deemed a riddor. Particularly the gas valve letting by that could've been nasty. Know the concern that this other guy clearly didn't know how to tightness test or didn't. I maintain that it's going to be a relative of this woman hence her not wanting to drop anyone in it. I would say clearly not registered otherwise he'd be doing the CP 12 for her. Nobody in particular landlords are going to pay for something they can get done for cheap or for nothing. This is why I never tell customers what the fault is anymore since a landlord had a go at replacing a fan himself and nearly killed him self.

My advice is walk away, throw the CP12 in the bin and don't work for them again. Like my old man says...'ya can't put nowt in a full sack'.

just ring the esp,say its dangerous and going to kill them,then go home for a beer safe in the knowledge they are getting chopped off

I know a couple of lads afraid to riddor. Worried to rock the boat. Worst case is that riddor disagree. It's no skin off your nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How useless are gas safe?? trying to report suspected illegal fitter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock