Discuss How old is my Grundfos pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw. Anyone else ever wonder why global warming quietly changed to climate change? Perhaps it wasn't quite working out to plan¿¿¿
Still: no matter what it is called; it is a good thing to generate some work and raise more taxes!

Now you mention it. No!!

Won't just be the parts changers who set them to a speed. I can see myself doing it too!! :) Er hang on. I think we all know what that makes me!!

Green is all a con as a kid we were heading for the next ice age, oh and they told us electric from nuclear power would be so cheap it wouldnt be worth sending a bill
and then there was the promise of more leisure time more recently renamed unemployment

We live in a modern world things change, embrace it or do you what to live life as it was 100 years ago ???

The reason they have to bring in a directive is that you lot would never move over to the new ones otherwise (How long have these pumps been out there now - 10+ years) The case for the electrical saving, let alone the heating benefits, is more than proven & just because this one action is not on its own going the save the plant what do we say Oh well wont bother with any of it. I would rather try & implement all the energy saving measures possible than have to pay my taxes to build one of them new fangled nuclear power plants, Oh shoot that my argument shot out of the water, dam.:32: rant over.
I feel like I have missed the thread about the new development in safely disposing nuclear waste. But surely fitting band A pumps will be a much worse alternative. In specific the need to read the manual. And selecting a suitable operation within all those complicated options.
Dear. What a major problem.
Instead using our knowledge to make them aware of the problems with ABVs we are like kids, "I don't like the new pumps".

One thing everyone's missing here is the cost saving to the custard. yes they cost more, our problem? no. offset onto the custard.

I really cannot see an issue here!

One thing everyone's missing here is the cost saving to the custard. yes they cost more, our problem? no. offset onto the custard.

I really cannot see an issue here!
On the old prices it was 10-20£ before VAT. Customer will have a return of investment usually in the first heating period everything else is a bonus
And I had not one of the Alphas to change yet.

On the old prices it was 10-20£ before VAT. Customer will have a return of investment usually in the first heating period everything else is a bonus
And I had not one of the Alphas to change yet.
so your saying the £120 will be recouped in one heating season due to a reduction in gas and electric sorry but i find that to be an unbelievably huge saving

Have we found out the reason for wanting to know about the pump ? I have clicked on this thread about 3 times now and lost the will to live a few posts in. Am i right in assuming it works ?

So between the two of you...if the customer saves 40% a year, then they would normally spend £168 a year on just powering their heating pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How old is my Grundfos pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back