Discuss how much are you charging to fit central heating system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Southport, on the north west coast. I could be squeezed down to 350 a day but no less and to be honest I'd still say 1250 but work with a trainee/apprentice.

Dont get me wrong i would love to be able to charge more fact is area of the country i live in you just wouldn't get away with the bigger labour charges . You woud never get any work .

the problem you have is by doing the work for peanuts you continue the idea in the area that plumbers work for peanuts. Id always walk away fm this scenario as you earn nothing and end up stressed, and as for allowing 3 days for the job, is that 3 x 24 hours, its not worth it.

Just did an estimate of around £2k for replacing/moving all rads in a 3 bed house using boiler in sit and that depends on whether the original system is piped up correctly. If the custard doesnt take me up Im fine as its a pain lifting and moving rads at the best of times, if they do use me then at least the money is reasonable and I wont be rushing to get out

Last edited by a moderator:
I once sat down and worked out my overheads, it was somewhere in the region of £90 a day, probably higher now with the cost of diesel etc. So no way would i work for some of the figures being quoted on here.

It's a real worthwhile exercise, and i guarantee you will get a shock.... better not to work than to work for nothing!

If you have a good reputation, you will always get work, can't see the point of buying it.

Al:)

350-400 quid a day

What part of the country you working in???
Would never get away with that where i live most charge around £150 /£200 a day here in rainy southwest
i bet british gas and all the larger companies dont charge much less due to area it depends how you look at it are you just trying to make what you would make working for a company or are you a heating company in your own right

If i quote for a boiler change and try for £300 labour then i know someone who works for british gas or a local council engineer will do it for less. also on top of that in devon /cornwall its like a retirement home for plumbers/engineers so lots of competition.To charge £1000 for heating pack is ideal scenario but your going to find it hard to get any work at those ytpe of rates unless its contract work.

I once sat down and worked out my overheads, it was somewhere in the region of £90 a day, probably higher now with the cost of diesel etc. So no way would i work for some of the figures being quoted on here.

It's a real worthwhile exercise, and i guarantee you will get a shock.... better not to work than to work for nothing!

If you have a good reputation, you will always get work, can't see the point of buying it.

Al:)
thats a savage amount of overheads for one man

Its about £25 p/h here and thats about as much as you'll get away with

i bet british gas and all the larger companies dont charge much less due to area it depends how you look at it are you just trying to make what you would make working for a company or are you a heating company in your own right

Here in London, it is absolutely mayhem(with lower and lower prices) with CH installation prices ! The situation has been made worse by east European, Chinese and illegal Indian builders, I once heard an Indian could hang a boiler for £80 in about 2 hours ! Mind you, these are not Gas Safe registered guys ! But since the systems work, landlords save money and go for these people.

thats what we get in southwest but not with the chinese or polish etc, what we get here is idiots coming out of the forces or factories wanting career changes and doing 6 month courses in gas and plumbing,this doughnuts then go out charging low rates to get work undercutting everyone and the public are buying into it . I constantly here stories revolving around customers who are not happy with shoddy workmanship then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much are you charging to fit central heating system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock