Discuss how much are you charging to fit central heating system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over many years of working for moi, iv'e developed an inbuilt antenna which twitches whenever i need reminding it's time to walk away from a potential customer. High amongst the catalogue of dog eared phrases guaranteed to trigger the antenna is 'You just supply the labour'

:)

The job is to supply and fit, got the materials side sorted was just wondering about labour costs.
My plan is to hang boiler on day one and do gas run and maybe flow and return and hang rads....then on day 2 get my pal in and strip old stuff and pipe up new stuff......with maybe a little bit to do on day 3. I was thinkin a grand for install....and have put in my price. Thanks for the input lads.....sounds like I'm on the same ball park as most of you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Over many years of working for moi, iv'e developed an inbuilt antenna which twitches whenever i need reminding it's time to walk away from a potential customer. High amongst the catalogue of dog eared phrases guaranteed to trigger the antenna is 'You just supply the labour'

:)

I agree, I tend not to get involved when the custard wants to supply there own stuff. To me it shows a lack of trust from the offset as they obviously think we and skanking them straight away on supplying a boiler.

Plus they still expect the same level of service if anything goes wrong with it and if you play the old "well you supplied the boiler" line, it never ends well.

Although i tend to stay clear of any labour only work, labour on this for me would be just over £1000 + vat. Possibly more depending on gas and condensate run or if old flues are to be built it and plastered. Any scrap removed is kept.
Add a percentage to any materials supplied.

remember on labour only, you have given a price assuming all material will be on site and fit for purpose, so also include 2 things with your quote, 1 a daywork rate of £x per hour for hold ups caused by wrong/damaged/short material, and 2 a call out charge of £x as you supplied labour the only prob that will be a freebie will be caused by your faulty labour which you can control, so when you visit after a call to say no heating you get paid for the call and subsequent hassle when you visit and find the prob is the new boiler, you didnt supply = you dont warrenty, if i supply and fit, i cover all visits and if the boiler i supplied is faulty i will organise the warrenty visit etc

350-400 quid a day and it will probably take you a week on your own if you arn't very quick or experienced. We've never let the customer supply that much. I'd give 1 price and not a day rate. I'd probs say around 1250, you would robs get undercut but like said if they are trying to supply everything I wouldn't be that interested. There is always stuff which the customer leaves out and 200 a day is too cheap if you are trying to run a business, ok if you just want a bit of labour but with the time and added costs there could be you don't want it not to be worth your while. Add money on for unforseen costs and time.

Last edited by a moderator:
350-400 quid a day

What part of the country you working in???
Would never get away with that where i live most charge around £150 /£200 a day here in rainy southwest

350-400 quid a day

What part of the country you working in???
Would never get away with that where i live most charge around £150 /£200 a day here in rainy southwest

same round me £150/£200 , course you then get them cowboys come in at £100 , went to one only last week , 1 week old they couldnt get hold of the installer , ill not bore you with the details but it took me a full day to put everything right.

I don't see the point in fitting a boiler for less than £300 a day. All the grief involved, back up service, registering it with gas safe.

You local council inspector will charge best part of £300 to come out and sign an install off assuming it is ok, so if you are self certing yourself and working for peanuts, I think you are mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much are you charging to fit central heating system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock